My Sweet Baby

My Sweet Baby

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Taking nothing for granted

before surgery, but after the "happy juice"

a bright red cast for the newly mobilized arm!

Another splint to keep on just at night time... 
Yes, we're adding to the collection of splints on our body to see how many we can possibly get and still be able to sleep!  It's getting close to impossible!

The surgery was a success!  Brigham now has a working elbow.  one.  Now we have to go back in to put a muscle in that arm and he'll be good to... move his arm!  Dr. P. (surgeon) said that it would be easier for Brigham if we combined his right arm surgery with his left arm muscle transfer.  Less surgeries and less anesthesia sound good to me!

My poor, sweet baby boy.  I feel so sad for him for the things he can't do yet at 14 months old.  But I shouldn't.  He's not a "poor" baby.  He is happy.  I think to a small degree he is aware of the things he can't do.  He gets frustrated because he can't feed himself, but only lets that bother him for so long.  He gets over it, and finds a different way, a new way, a Brigham-way.  He got a baby jeep for Christmas.  He couldn't honk the horn because of the weakness in his arms, until he pushed it with his mouth!  He teaches me everyday about blessings, values, the importance (and unimportance) of things! 

These days I am feeling more than I have ever felt; more pain, more grief, more frustration, more worry, and more fear.  Consequently I am feeling more alive.  I've never felt so happy, so thankful, so blessed, so loved, and so confident than I have since I've been fighting amc dragons for my baby.  And I'm taking nothing for granted because of Brigham.

No comments:

Post a Comment